*Giovanni* and his younger brother joined our afterschool program last year and have found a safe place to go after school while their single mother is still at work. Each day he is getting help with his school work, his self-esteem, and his faith, and he’s seeing great progress in school. When he entered the program, he was two reading levels behind, but since joining New Horizons, his reading has improved by 1 ½ grade levels and now he’s becoming a leader in our club.The Impact of New HorizonsGiovanni's Story
1 in 3 young people grow up without a mentor and become another negative statistic. We know that each child is more valuable than that, and your generous donation will help tell that story!
Inside every every child is immense value given to them by God. At-risk kids like Giovanni (story above) are full of limitless possibility and potential, made in the image of God to do beautiful things. And far too often, they don’t live out God’s best in their life.
Your giving can help a student to…
- Read on grade level and graduate high school with a plan for their future.
- Live full of high character, grit, determination, and self-confidence.
- Discover faith to become a positive change agent in his/her family and community.
We cannot do this alone, but together, we know all of this is possible. You can provide this type of impact for a child, and we’d love for you partner with us to tell kids a different story!
Help provide over
250 Hours of mentoring to a child
The Impact You are Providing
- Over 250 hours of mentoring to each child.
- Reading support to move kids from below grade level to reading on grade level
- Tutoring to move kids from being “off-track” to “on-track” to high school graduation
- Crucial mentorship and guidance to at-risk kids that is shaping their future
- Christian, character teaching and faith-building that is influencing the child’s character
- A positive place for each child to belong and grow in self-confidence and sense of self-worth
- A safe and loving environment for kids to go after school and in the summer
- Afterschool and summer meals
- New experiences through trips and enrichment activities
- Your support of a child covers a full year of our after school program, including the school semesters and summer. The site cost is $1,200 which equals $100 a month or $25 a week
How Your Giving Matters
Here is how your generosity makes an impact:
- $100 per month or $1,200 supports a child afterschool for 1 year
- $300 supports a child for our summer reading camp
- $600 supports a child for 1 semester of afterschool support
What You Can Experience
- The satisfaction of investing your resources in an underprivileged child
- The joy of contributing to the long-term well-being of an at-risk child
- Hearing first hand from our kids by receiving cards and messages from them each year
- An invitation to two events throughout the year to experience first hand how your gifts are making an impact
& Tell At-Risk Kids a Different Story
Do for ONE what you wish you could do for all.
DONATE VIA CHECK
You can mail a check payable to New Horizons:
1450 Old gate Ln
Dallas, TX 75218
DONATE STOCK OR ASSETS
Complete the Giving Form on this page and choose “Assets” to initiate the giving process. For additional questions, please email us here.